Researcher and postdoc in the field of nanocatalysis
Position funded through a EU Research Framework Programme
(Call: ERA H2020-WIDESPREAD-03-2017-ERAChairs)
The open positions are part of the research team at the recently established Department of Nanocatalysis within the J. Heyrovský Chair project, which is focusing on the synthesis and catalytic properties of supported clusters fabricated with atomically precise size and composition. The successful candidates will be involved in all aspects of research, from data collection, analysis and interpretation of data, and publication of results. Primary focus of research will be on the testing of catalysts based on supported nanoclusters and the characterization of catalyst using state-of-the-art methods, including in situ / operando techniques. These positions are especially well suited for researchers with background in testing and characterization of model or industrial catalysts.
- PhD or equivalent degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or a related field (excepted completion of PhD in 2019 is sufficient);
- good written and oral communication skills in English.
- experienced in the testing of catalysts;
- experienced in the analysis of reaction products by mass spectrometry a plus;
- experienced in the design and operation of custom equipment to test solid catalysts in gas phase reactions a plus.
Expected start of the positions: 1.1. 2020 or upon mutual agreement
Duration of the jobs: up to 42 month
Required from the candidate:
Cover Letter, CV, copies of diplomas or information about the expected date of defense, brief summary of previous research activities and complete list of publications, and at least two letters of references to be sent by the referees directly to the email below.
The application with the required documents must be sent via e-mail to: nanocat-applicationsjh-inst.cas.cz
Project supports equal employment opportunities and encourages women to apply.