POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW - Manipulation of optoelectronic structure of low-dimensional materials
J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i., for the purposes of the project “Implementation of the state-of-the-art physico-chemical methods for studies of innovative materials and bio/chemical processes”, Reg.No. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008355, under the call 02_16_027 International Mobility of Researchers (MEYS, OP RDE) offers:
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW position (for the scientists currently working out of Czech Republic):
Manipulation of optoelectronic structure of low-dimensional materials
- Experience with writing scientific papers and publishing in impacted journal (at least 2 scientific papers in last three years)
- Advanced level of written and spoken English
- PhD degree in physics, chemistry or technical sciences (maximum 7 years from receiving a degree)
- The applicant is/was working out of the Czech Republic for two years from last three years.
- Competencies necessary for team work.
Research positions in more details:
The main task of the successful applicant will be the development, implementation and improvement of advanced in-situ micro- and nanoscale experimental techniques focused on, but not limited to, studies of two-dimensional materials and devices for optoelectronics, electrochemical energy storage and harvesting, sensors. As the main characterization tools, Raman spectroscopy, photoluminescence, AFM, and their combination (TERS, TEPL) will be used, optionally complemented with optical spectroscopy, ellipsometry, or XRD. The in-situ/in-operando experiments include electrochemistry, deformation, heating/cooling, electrostatic gating. It is expected that the applicant will bring his own knowledge and ideas to be combined with the existing, long lasting experience with in-situ techniques at JHI, to bring them another step forward. Possibilities of contract extension can be discussed.
Detailed information concerning the position will be provided by Dr. Otakar Frank (e-mail: email@example.com). More information concerning the research in the field of 2D materials at the J.Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry can be found at www.nanocarbon.cz.
Specific requirements (documented in publications or theses):
- Mandatory: previous experience with Raman spectroscopy
- Mandatory: practical experience with at least one in-situ technique based on Raman spectroscopy, optical spectroscopy, AFM, XRD or similar
- Mandatory: experience with working with 2D materials
- Beneficial: experience with mechanical exfoliation or CVD growth of 2D materials
Position starts: 1 January, 2020
Duration of the job: 12 months
Contract type: full-time job
Job location: Prague
Documents required from the candidate:
- Diploma copy
- Brief summary of previous research with the evidence of fulfilling the Specific requirements highlighted (reference to a publication etc.)
- List of publications
- Names plus e-mail addresses of 1 - 2 references
- Document proving that the applicant is/was working out of the Czech Republic for 2 years from the last 3 years
Applications with the required documents must be submitted via e-mail to a contact person for HR and administrative issues: Marketa Zapletalova, marketa.zapletalovajh-inst.cas.cz
Applications deadline: 3.11. 2019
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i. to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i. only.
At the same time you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.