Postdoc for Novel microscopic approaches for biomimicking films at the water-air interface
ORGANISATION/COMPANY: J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v. v. i.
RESEARCH FIELD: Chemistry › Biochemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILE: Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 13/08/2021 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATION: Czech Republic › Prague 8
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Temporary
JOB STATUS: Full-time
HOURS PER WEEK: 40
OFFER STARTING DATE: 01/09/2021
The project aims at obtaining a comprehensive picture of the biophysical properties of human Tear Film Lipid Layer and pulmonary surfactant by considering the multilamellar aspects of their organization. To assess the properties of multilayer films, we combine experimental and computational methods. Our experimental approach is based on Langmuir trough method combined with various microscopic techniques. We aim at connecting the basic biophysical characteristics of the studied systems with their biological properties. In particular, we study lipid alterations occurring under such pathological conditions as Respiratory Distress Syndrome and Dry Eye Disease.
- 25 days paid leave of absence (holidays) per year + 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to the statutory insurance
- Flexible working-time, the possibility of part-time work
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
- Recreation subsidy, recreation subsidy for children
- Possibility of attending children groups of the CAS
- Possibility to use discounts in recreation centers of the CAS
- Sports goods rental, free parking, trade union library
- Language courses
- Accommodation facilities
- Possibility of further education and career development by participating in courses organized by our institute.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to recruitmentjh-inst.cas.cz.
Please, write in the subject line of your email SC2021_15.
Selection proces: https://www.jh-inst.cas.cz/recruitment/how-does-selection-procedure-work
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of the J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry only.
At the same time you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL: Chemistry: PhD or equivalent
• Ph.D. degree in chemistry or physics.
• Experience with experimental chemical and biophysical techniques relevant for lipid-based systems.
• Experience with fluorescent labelling.
• Experience with writing scientific papers and publishing in high quality peer-reviewed journals.
• Advanced level of written and spoken English.
• Competencies necessary for team work.
• Experience with mixed experimental/computational research projects.
• Experience with molecular dynamics simulations, Langmuir trough technique, fluorescence and Brewster angle microscopy.
• Biophysics, bio- or organic chemistry at PhD level