Two PhD positions in Chemistry and Biophysics
Job description: The group of Dr. Vladimíra Petráková at Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry, Prague, Czech Republic offers two fully funded PhD positions starting in September 2021. The positions are part of a five-year project entitled "Nanoscale magnifiers: sub-diffraction manipulation of light by plasmons" by the Czech Science Foundation. Within this project, we are developing a new method for spatial manipulation of light at the nanoscale by assembly of plasmonic nanostructures. We aim to use this method to advance visualization of densely packed biomolecules and their dynamics. The first PhD student should have a background in chemistry and will focus on tailoring metallic nanoparticles for specific plasmonic enhancement, the second PhD student should have experience in optics and microscopy and will focus on visualization with plasmonic nanoparticles using single molecule microscopy techniques. The candidate will choose one of the Ph.D. programs at University of Chemistry and Technology or at Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic.
- part-time employment contract + Ph.D. scholarship
- student status with all its benefits (medical insurance, public transport discounts, tax deduction, etc.)
- high flexibility in both working time and location
Type of contract: Temporary
Research field: Biophysical Chemistry
Job status: Part-time
Job starting date: September 2021
Required education level: Master Degree or Equivalent
Essential skills and qualifications:
The first PhD student should have a background in chemistry and will focus on tailoring metallic nanoparticles for specific plasmonic enhancement, the second PhD student should have experience in optics and microscopy and will focus on visualization with plasmonic nanoparticles using single molecule microscopy techniques.
- 25 days paid leave of absence (holidays) per year + 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to the statutory insurance
- Flexible working-time, the possibility of part-time work
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
- Recreation subsidy, recreation subsidy for children
- Possibility of attending children groups of the CAS
- Possibility to use discounts in recreation centers of the CAS
- Sports goods rental, free parking, trade union library
- Language courses
- Accommodation facilities
- Possibility of further education and career development by participating in courses organized by our institute.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to Dominika Patrovská recruitmentjh-inst.cas.cz before February 15, 2021. For questions, please contact Vladimíra Petráková vladimira.petrakovajh-inst.cas.cz
Please, write in the subject line of your email SC2021_03.
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of the J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry only.
At the same time you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.