Prevention of gender-based violence in work environment of Czech public research institutions and universities
The aim of the project is to prevent gender-based violence at academic and research institutions in the Czech Republic.
Completion of training packages
We have successfully completed the work on the training packages. These packages are a valuable resource for all those interested in tackling gender inequalities. They contain information, tools and practices to help shed light on and address gender discrimination in academia.
Topics of training videos
The training videos address important phenomena that can occur in an academic environment. These include:
• Gender bias against women.
• Gender-balanced expression.
• Sexual harassment in research and academia.
• What should we do when we encounter sexual harassment in research and academia?
• Psychological forms of gender-based violence.
• Bias against women in the academic hiring process.
• What kinds of obstacles do women face in research and academia?
• Economic aspects of gender inequality in research and academia.
• The gender dimension within research.
• Economic violence in the context of reconciliation work-life balance in research and academia.
Piloting outreach packages
The partner organisations J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry and Jan Evangelista Purkyně University in Ústí nad Labem have successfully launched pilots of training packages. This phase is a key step towards the practical use of the training materials and provides valuable feedback that will help map understanding of gender-based violence.
Financing: Norway Grants
The project is fully financed from the Norway Grants. The Norway Grants and the EEA Grants represent Norway’s contribution towards a green, competitive and inclusive Europe. Through the Norway Grants and the EEA Grants, Norway contributes to reducing social and economic disparities and to strengthening bilateral relations with beneficiary countries in Central and Southern Europe and the Baltic states.
Learn more about Norway's contribution to the Czech Republic here: www.norskefondy.cz
Or look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0Esnf1PwEs
Learn more about Norway's contribution to the EU here: www.norwaygrants.org
GIC NORA contact person: Tamara Jačisko Nasri, email: tamara.jaciskogendernora.cz (tamara[dot]jacisko[at]gendernora[dot]cz)
J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry contact person: Michaela Svatošová, email: michaela.svatosovajh-inst.cas.cz (michaela[dot]svatosova[at]jh-inst[dot]cas[dot]cz)
Working together for an inclusive Europe