Visit of Roštejn castle
and UNESCO town Telč, Telč chateau
The Telč chateau belongs among the jewels of Moravian Renaissance architecture. Its attraction is spectacular thanks to the owner’s sensitive approach to the inheritance of the past. The original interiors have been preserved in very good condition. Many of them are representative examples of the outreach of Italian art into our country which was influenced often by the environment north of the Alps.
The most splendid rooms, ones with coffered ceilings, for example, the Blue and Golden Halls of 1561, were created in the newly-built palace opposite the castle which was lined by an arcade to the Renaissance park. A memorial chapel adjoined the castle where the lords of Hradec built themselves a marble mausoleum.
More photos on address http://virtualniprohlidky.cz/virtualni-prohlidka/telc/
The castle of Roštejn was built after 1339 by the barons from Hradec (+1589) and used it as a hunting manor. As a dominant remained the original heptagonal tower 53 meters high, open for the public and with a view far over the countryside. In the originally residential rooms there are not very extensive exhibitions of china and tin, wood products, hunting weapons and accessories, simple contemporary furniture and exhibition of masonry. There is also an interesting blazon hall with Renaissance wall paintings of blazons from the 17th century in the interiors, botanical hall with paintings of flowers from the beginning of the 19th century and a large wooden Christmas crib.