TOPIC: Molecular Spectroscopy and Photochemistry.
Advanced phosphor for high power LEDs and laser diods
TA04010135, Technology Agency CR (associated contractor - project leader is affiliated with another institution)
The main goal of this project is to develop single crystalline luminescent materials (phosphors) and related technologies which can be applied in the process of conversion of high intensity radiation emitted from semiconductor devices, like light emitting diodes (LED) and laser diodes (LD).
The subsequent objectives are:
- development of optimized phosphor which will be able to withstand high power LED and LD applications,
- development of single crystalline phosphor with emission maximum above 560 nm to add red component to emission spectra,
- composite phosphor providing two emission maxima which are separated at least 30 nm to each other,
- single crystalline RGB phosphor with absorption maximum between 350-450 nm and minimum of color rendering index (CRI) = 75,
- automotive headlight (HL) with laser diode (LD) a single crystalline phosphor, which comply the ECE White standard,
- development of new application with advantage of single crystalline phosphor.
prof. RNDr. CIVIĹ Svatopluk, CSc.
Department: Department of Spectroscopy
Phone: (+420) 26605 3275, 3205, 3014 , (+420) 286591766
Fax: (+420) 286582307
Room: 020, 02