J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i., for the purposes of the project "Implementation of the state-of-the-art physico-chemical methods for studies of innovative materials and bio/chemical processes",Reg.No. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008355, under the call 02_16_027 International Mobility of Researchers (MEYS, OP RDE) offers:
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW position (for the scientists currently working out of Czech Republic): STUDY OF 2-D MATERIALS
- Experience with writing scientific papers and publishing in impacted journal (at least 2 scientific papers in last three years)
- Advanced level of written and spoken English
- PhD degree in physics or technical sciences (maximum 7 years from receiving a degree)
- The applicant is/was working out of the Czech Republic for two years from last three years.
- Competencies necessary for team work.
Research position in more details:
The main task of the successful applicant will be the study of 2-D materials, in particular their electronic and spin structure using advanced spectroscopic methods. It is expected that the applicant will operate a brand new surface characterisation cluster, which includes spin resolved ARPES, XPS, LEED and STM.
More information concerning the job position are available from Dr. Martin Kalbac (e-mail: activity1-7jh-inst.cas.cz), the information about the group activities can be found at www.nanocarbon.cz
- Practical experience with measurement of XPS, ARPES, STM
- Experiences with measurement at synchrotron facilities
- Practical experience with vacuum techniques
Position starts: 1 January, 2019
Duration of the job: 17 months
Contract type: full-time job
Job location: Prague, Czech Republic
Documents required from the candidate:
Application form (see the attached file),Â CV with list of the publications, brief summary of previous research, diploma copy, names plus e-mail addresses of 1 - 2 references, a document proving that the applicant is/was working out of the Czech Republic for 2 years from the last 3 years.
Applications with required documents must be submitted via e-mail to a contact person for HR and administrative issues: Marketa Zapletalova, marketa.zapletalovajh-inst.cas.cz
Applications deadline: October 31, 2018
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i. to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i. only.
At the same time you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.