J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i., for the purposes of the project "Implementation of the state-of-the-art physico-chemical methods for studies of innovative materials and bio/chemical processes", Reg.No. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008355, under the call 02_16_027 International Mobility of Researchers (MEYS, OP RDE) offers:
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW position (for the scientists currently working out of Czech Republic) for the research project:
Hybrid structured layer composite materials
- Experience in writing of scientific papers and presentation of results (at least 2 scientific papers within the last three years)
- Advanced level of written and spoken English
- PhD degree in physical chemistry, biochemistry or biophysics, or related field (maximum 7 years from receiving the degree)
- The applicant is/was working outside of the Czech Republic for at least two years during the last three years.
- Competencies necessary for team-work
Research position in more detail:
Job description: The main task of the successful applicant will be the study of the hybrid heterostructures based on the system graphene-semiconductor-catalyst. The applicant is expected to prepare broad range of composite materials, perform their characterisation, analyse their (photo)physical and (photo)chemical properties and study their potential for applications. Applicant should be able to work with different techniques for targeted preparation of composites and also suitable characterisation tools. It is expected that the applicant will be able to learn several new techniques and would have appropriate background in materials and physical chemistry.
More information concerning the job position are available from Dr. Martin Kalbac (e-mail: activity1-6jh-inst.cas.cz).
- Experience with preparation of hybrid composites
- Experience with following materials: metal-oxide semiconductors, ruthenium based photocatalysts, 2D materials, nanoparticles
Position starts: 1 June, 2018
Duration of the job:Â 24 months
Contract type: full-time job
Job location: Prague, Czech republic
Documents required from the candidate:
Application form (see the attached file) with CV, diploma copy, brief summary of previous research, list of publications, names plus e-mail addresses of 1 - 2 references, a document proving that the applicant is/was working out of the Czech Republic for 2 years from the last 3 years.
Applications with required documents must be submitted via e-mail to a contact person for HR and administrative issues: MarketaÂ Zapletalova, marketa.zapletalovajh-inst.cas.cz
Applications deadline:Â April 30, 2018
By providing us your personal data in your CV, you have allowed J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i. to process and file your CV in the HR database. Your personal data will be used for the internal HR needs of J. Heyrovsky Institute of Physical Chemistry of the CAS, v.v.i. only.
At the same time you confirm herewith that the personal data as stated in the CV you have sent to us is true and accurate.